Saturday, July 2, 2011

Review of Hunt the Moon by Karen Chance

 
      





Cassandra Palmer recently defeated a god, which you'd think would buy a girl a little time off. But it doesn't work that way when your new job description is Pythia — the world's chief clairvoyant. Cassie is busier than ever, trying to learn about her power, preparing for her upcoming coronation, and figuring out her relationship with the enigmatic sexy master vampire, Mircea.

But someone doesn't want Cassie to become Pythia, and is willing to go to any lengths to make sure the coronation ceremony never happens—including attacking her mother before Cassie is even born.
Just finished reading "Hunt the Moon" and I have to say that I loved ths book,  HTM  was a non stop trill ride that begins with Cassie battleing an unknown entity during her bath and the excitement was off and running!  With her usual fly-by -the seat of her pants approach to life, she stumbles for one crisis to another.  When it feels like she is catching a break, all hell breaks loose again!  I love the dynamics between Mircea and Cassie,  His Alpha "you'll do as I say" and Cassie's "up yours" was classic Cassie Palmer.  
 
The action never slows down from start to finish and the ending left me gasping in denial!  Just could not believe that I will have to wait for months *sob* to read what happens next!  I also love the pairing of Cassie and Pritkin, as a team they kick some ass and take names for future reference...and I am starting to believe that no one, supernatural or just plain human, could hold a candle to this pair of kick ass team!  Thought out the book, Cassie is slow gaining control of her Pythia powers, and when she finally gains control, she will be an unstoppable force that anyone would be a fool to mess with her!  (My favorite kind of heroine!)
The only message that I have for Karen is, Please don't wait too long to continue this masterpiece of bad-asses and drop dead gorgeous men, I don't think I could haddle the long wait...  In me you have a fan for life.  Karen Chance just proved once again why she is on my automatic buy list!
Check out her web site @   
http://www.karenchance.com/index.html

I give this 4.75 out of 5 

No comments:

Post a Comment